Sunday, October 21, 2012

Gm 6

by Nick

I was out of town for game 5, which we won, so $25 more dollars in the kitty!

Game six I was back in net, and we started the second time through the rotation (6-team division) which meant we played Bronk again. They always seem to bring out our claws - and we theirs. Really it's just one guy on their team who plays defense.

On this night he was sticking his knee out as a means of playing defense, which understandably upset some of our players. Finally Brett had enough and, instead of jumping around his knee trying to save his own knees, Brett just went through the guy. This guy always does this to us - gets us all worked up. This was late in the third and we were losing - so good strategy by the guy, taking our best player off the ice. The guy, Brett and Merkley were booted. We actually tied it up, then went up one, but then they tied it. We ended up with a 7-7 tie.

So, to review, I WAS IN GOAL. 7 goals against is never the sign of a good night. I was thrilled not to get hung with a loss - even though I deserved it. At the end of the first period I had 2 saves.....and three goals against. I ended up with 18 saves for the entire game. Not my best effort.

I just can't go a few weeks in between appearances in net without a serious drop off in my game - such as it is to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment